I handed over my manuscript to an editor a little while ago, thinking I’d have oodles of free time to do other stuff. But what have I been doing? Let’s see…
- I read nine books, which is quite an improvement
- Successfully avoided blogging 😉
- Realized I spent too much time on social media and cut back a little
- Did market research and decided self-publishing was a better bet for what I have to sell
- My house is still dirty
- I had a language learning crisis in which I had to switch curriculum and it killed my momentum, but I’m getting there
- Beta read a little faster
- Started a book cover and gave it to a designer to make pretty. I figure if editors use editors, I can use a designer, right?
- Tried to make a synopsis five times, gave up and tried back cover copy five times. Gave up and wrote this blog
I feel like I should have an outline for another book by now, or finish my marketing plan, but I have to decide which to do first. Maybe I’ll write book reviews for a while and procrastinate some more!
How do you procrastinate from even your favorite activities? Why?